Monday, July 07, 2008

Tennis News -

Somdev's comments after winning double crown at Men's Futures of Pittsburgh tennis tournament -
"I've been putting a lot of work into events like this. It's paying off now. I'm really happy to see the way I'm playing."
"It's a confidence-booster. You don't really expect anything, but I think I've been playing some good tennis. I think I found out I'm a better player than I thought on clay. I feel like I can make a big break the next couple months."
"If I feel I can get to the ball, I'm going to hustle my butt off to get it. I go into every match with a game plan and I try to carry it out."

Finalist Travis Helgeson - "He covers the court so well on the clay, so I knew it was going to be a tough match. He makes you hit that one more ball. It was like playing a backboard all day."

Somdev's doubles partner Treat Huey - "I see so much potential in him. He's come out in these futures tournaments these past two weeks and dominated. I look for him to make a real jump in the rankings in the next few months. He's got so much to come and a lot bigger tournaments in his future."
-------------------------------------------
At $35K+H San Benedetto Challenger, Italy (clay)

[R1] (4) AMRITRAJ Stephen (IND)/ GHOUSE Mustafa (IND) vs (WC) BRACCIALI Daniele (ITA)/ HRBATY Dominik (SVK)
-------------------------------------------
At $50K Allentown Womens Challenger, PA, USA

[Q1] UBEROI Shikha (IND,852) bt DEKMEIJERE Liga (LAT,514) 36 62 61
[Q1] (4) UBEROI Neha (USA,418) bt AUGUSTINE Brittany (USA,789) 46 61 64

[Q2] UBEROI Shikha (IND,852) vs (5) LEE-WATERS Lindsay (USA,439)
[Q2] (4) UBEROI Neha (USA,418) vs DEVIDZE Salome (GEO,528)
-------------------------------------------
At $15K Syria F1 Futures, Damascus

[Q1] (3) PC Vignesh (IND,1466) Bye
[Q1] (WC) MAKHARIA Rahil (IND,UNR) Bye
[Q1] KHATTER Aroon (IND,UNR) Bye
[Q1] CHAUKULKAR Tejas (IND,UNR) Bye

[Q2] KHATTER Aroon (IND,UNR) l IBRAHIM Abrahim (SYR,UNR) 16 06
[Q2] (3) PC Vignesh (IND,1466) bt CHAUKULKAR Tejas (IND,UNR) 60 63
[Q2] (WC) MAKHARIA Rahil (IND,UNR) bt BARAM Nawar (SYR,UNR) 61 62

Maindraw -
[R1] VM Ranjeet (IND,995) vs (WC) MAAROUF Hayan (SYR,1513)
[R1] (Q) PC Vignesh (IND,1466) vs IDOKO Candy (NGR,1071)
[R1] SINGH Navdeep (IND,842) vs (Q) JANCI Tomas (SVK.1417)
[R1] (Q) MAKHARIA Rahil (IND,UNR) vs (Q) CHAMI Wael (SYR,UNR)
[R1] GAJJAR Rohan (IND,848) vs ONOZAWA Arata (JPN,929)

Doubles -
[R1] (4) RUCKELSHAUSEN Richard (AUT)/ SINGH Navdeep (IND) vs COJANU Ioan-Alexandru (ROU)/ VORONTSOV Iliya (RUS)
[R1] (3) GAJJAR Rohan (IND)/ SOMOGYI Alexander (SVK) vs EMMANUEL Sunday (NGR)/ IDOKO Candy (NGR)
[R1] PC Vignesh (IND)/ VM Ranjeet (IND) vs MUHAMMAD Ahmad Rabeea (KUW)/ SALIM Majd (SYR)
-------------------------------------------
At $15K Turkey F8 Futures, Istanbul

[R1] VARDHAN Vishnu (IND,1002) vs (7) SANON Valentin (CIV,562)

Doubles -
[R1] VARDHAN Vishnu (IND)/ ASANOV Arsen (UZB) l DILEK Serkan-Akin (TUR)/ NAM Hyun-Woo (KOR) 67(7) 64 (7)10

Heart breaking close loss in doubles.

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...