Monday, December 08, 2008

Golf News
At Golf Nippon Series JT Cup, Tokyo
1 Jeev Milkha Singh 64 70 68 66  -12  ¥30,000,000

Jeev Milkha Singh showed courage to put behind personal tragedy to win the most emotional victory of his career when he lifted the second time this season-ending Golf Nippon Series JT Cup in Tokyo on Sunday.

On last day Jeev started one shot behind previous round leader Prayad Marksaeng, Jeev kicked off with a blemish-free front nine which was studded with a treble of birdies at the Tokyo Yomiuri Country Club ... On back 9, bogey on the 13th hole was only blemish for Jeev, but he followed it with a birdie to produced superb round of 66 that was enough to take home his second JT Cup title and pocket thirty million yen by 2 strokes.

So far, Jeev has won four titles on three different tours to break into the top 50 and his other titles include Bank Austria Open (on European Tour) and the Barclays Singapore Open (on Asian Tour).

Jeev Milkha Singh - "I dedicate this win to my wife, for being strong enough to tell me to go and play on the Thursday morning. A lot happened in my family over the last few days and we have gone through quite a bit. Besides my wife, I want to dedicate this win to the family members from both my and my wife's sides. I also want to thank the Indian ambassador and his wife, who have been a close friend and stood by us emotionally as well, helping us get through the difficult time."

On the personal tragedy, Jeev said, "It was God's will and I hope there is something better in future for us. I would like to thank my friends and fans who cared for us and all people who supported us in this difficult time. I also thank the media for respecting and understanding the situation. God has been very kind with this victory and I hope, no I believe, in future there would be something good for us."

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...