Friday, December 12, 2008

Boxing News
At 1st AIBA World Cup Moscow 2008, Russia

51kg - Flyweight Quarter-Final

Jitender Kumar (IND) bt Jo Gage (WAL) 18-6

Jitender dominated bout from the start against Welsh boxer Jo Gage taking 6-0 lead after first round ... In end he scored very convincing win ... In semis Jitender having tough challenge of Pan-American champion Cuban Hernandez Laffita.

Jitender Kumar - "I was confident ahead of this bout. I felt good and put into practice all my training proving to be too quick and too strong whilst keeping my technique. I owe a lot to my brother (54kg Akhil Kumar) who gave me sound advice ahead of the bout - stay calm, concentrate and always remember you are better than him."

57kg - Featherweight Quarter-Final

Lalit Anthresh Lakra (IND) bt Arturo Santos Reyes (MEX) W/O

Lakra recieved walkover as his Mexican opponent's failed to make weight before match ... In semis he is also facing Cuban boxer Idel Torriente.

Today is a rest day and all semis will be played on Saturday.

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...