Sunday, December 21, 2008

Badminton News
At $500K World Super Series Masters Finals 2008, Malaysia

Womens Semi-Finals

Saina Nehwal (IND,10) l Wang Chen (HKG,6) 21-15 14-21 16-21

Saina's challenge got over in semis in 42 mins ... Saina won first game but Wang overpowered her in second game ... In third game Wang take lead 14-9 and won it 21-16 ... On Friday night Saina's match against Malaysian Mew Choo Wong ended late, so on Saturday Saina was tired in her match and that was visible in third game.

But this was creditable performance from Saina, who became first Indian player to qualify for World Super Series Masters Finals and also qualified for semis ... With this performance Saina will cemented her place in top-10 BWF ranking.


Saina Nehwal - "Last night match (against Malaysia's Wong Mew Choo) finished very late and I went to bed at 1am. It was very tiring match and it affected me today. Overall, I am still happy with myself after advancing this far and I can say that I had gave my best."

Wang Chen - "Saina played a very fast game in the first set. I can't catch up with her speed. She is a very strong player, her speed very fast and she still very young. But I was able to come back. I now play a more relax game and there is no pressure. That's why I can still play well."

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...