Sunday, February 07, 2010

Golf News
At $300K Asian Tour International,
From Asian Tour site
1 Gaganjeet Bhullar IND 71 71 71 64 -11 $47,550.00
2 Hwang Inn-choon KOR 72 70 67 69 -10 $32,550.00
3 Tetsuji Hiratsuka JPN 71 72 68 68 -9 $18,300.00

21 yrs old Gaganjeet Bhullar produced a brilliant course record of eight-under-par 64 to win the season-opening Asian Tour International by one stroke on Sunday ... Gaganjeet started the final round six strokes behind the leader ... Gaganjeet had an eagle and six birdies for an unblemished card on final day ... Gaganjeet started with an eagle at the par five second hole when an eight iron approach stopped three feet of the flag ... He scored four more birdies to turn in 30 and added two more birdies on 15, for taking the lead, and on 18 to clinch a second title of his career.

Gaganjeet Bhullar -
"It’s amazing. I have no words to describe it, I’m totally speechless. When I woke up this morning, I just wanted to shoot a good number. I never ever thought I was going to shoot a 64 and win by one. It’s like a dream coming true. My first event of the year and winning at the start of the season will give me a lot of confidence."

“After 15 where I made a good curling putt, I told myself to make par on 16 and 17 and make birdie on 18. Everything happened the way I decided. On 18, it was amazing. I told myself that the putt was to win the tournament."

“It was a crucial one as I had missed the same putt last the two days from the nearly same line. I had a bit of an idea that it would come from the right. I just got lucky. I’m sure my confidence will go up a long way. I’m looking forward to next week (Avantha Masters). It’s a big event and I love the DLF course as I’ve won there twice (on the local circuit). Going back to play in front of the home crowd will give me a great sense of achievement."

"Last night, I was surfing the web and I clicked on asiantour.com and they had a poll “Who do you think will win the Asian Tour International” and my name was there. I clicked on my name and I had the highest votes. I told myself that it was a bit of a disappointment that I wouldn’t win as I had so many votes. But it shows that anything can happen in golf."

----------------------------------------------
At Omega Dubai Desert Classic, Dubai, UAE - Final Standing

T15 Jeev Milkha Singh 68 72 70 74 -4 € 24052.49
T51 Shiv Kapur 74 71 71 74 +2 € 7294.02
T60 SSP Chowrasia 77 69 70 76 +4 € 4803.38

In end disappointing finish for our players ... All had over PAR rounds and missed chance of finishing higher on the standing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tennis News
At $500K South Africa Tennis Open, Johannesburg

Doubles Final
Rohan Bopanna (IND)/ Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) bt Karol Beck (SVK)/ Harel Levy (ISR) 26 63 10-5

Rohan and Aisam lifted their first ATP tour title as a pair in their 3rd final appearence ... This was Rohan's 2nd ATP tour title and Aisam's first ... Rohan won first title with with Eric Butorac at Los Angeles 2008.

Rohan and Asiam started badly losing first 4 games and lost first set in 30 mins ... In second set at 1-all match was suspended due to rain ... That break turned out blessing for them as they came out firing all cylinders ... They won second set breaking Beck and Levy in 6th game ... In super tie-break they were down with mini-break at 0-2 ... But they got double mini-break on Beck and Levy's serve to make it 3-2 ... They got another mini-break on 13th point after that Rohan served out for match winning 2 points on his serve to win match in 68 mins.


Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi -
“I think it’s a great achievement. As a team we are really, really good and we can be in the Top 10 definitely together. Today’s win definitely proves it because the chips were really down and we were able to find the solution to get back."

Rohan Bopanna -
“This win here is definitely going to help our confidence and our ranking so we will certainly play more [together] this year.”

“We started off a little tentatively. Obviously it was our third final together, which meant there was a little bit of tentativeness starting off. The rain delay helped. We spoke a little bit. We said 'We’re here to fight and win'. We came out and started winning by playing aggressive tennis, the way we do normally."

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...