Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Golf News

India’s Gaganjeet Bhullar fulfilled any golfers childhood dream of playing in the British Open with winning the International Final Qualifying – Asia on Wednesday ... Top four players were going to qualify for a Master tournaent, Gagan started the day in T8 position and four shots off the leader but he carded superb a blemish free round of a four-under-par 67 to win title and book ticket of playing with the world’s elite at the British Open in Turnberry, Scotland in July.

Gaganjeet Bhullar - “I actually set a target of five-under for today, although I managed to finish in four-under. But it’s okay. I’m really happy now that I’m on my way to the British Open. I played really well today and it’s all thanks to Dr Pradeep Aggarwal whom has helped me a lot in improving my mental strength. Without his teachings, I doubt I would have gone this far. I’ve been watching the British Open since I was a kid and to actually get to play there is truly a dream come true.”

At the International Final Qualifying – Asia, Sentosa (for The British Open)

1 Gaganjeet BHULLAR (IND) 69 67 -6
2 LIANG Wen-chong (CHN) 72 66 -4
3 Terry PILKADARIS (AUS) 67 72 -3
4 Tim STEWART (AUS) 70 70 -2 (Stewart qualified for The Open after winning in the play-off of 9 players who tied at 2-under)

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...