Thursday, March 04, 2010

Formula1 News

It is officially declared by team Hispania Racing (old name Campos team) that Karun Chandhok as their second race driver ... With that Karun become only second Indian driver after Narain Karthikeyan to race in Formula1 ... Hoping smooth transition in F1 for Karun.

Karun Chandhok - “This is just an unbelievable feeling! I am absolutely thrilled to be able to fulfill a lifelong dream to break into Formula One. We’ve been working for so many years for this opportunity and now that we’ve finally made it, it feels a bit surreal to be honest. Only when I get to Bahrain, I think it will fully sink in that I am going to be on the same grid as World Champions like Schumacher and Alonso."

“My family and I have had a very stressful time this winter and we would especially like to thank Mr. Sunder Mulchandani, Dr. Colin Kolles (Hispania Racing F1 Team Team Principal) and Mr. Bernie Ecclestone without whom all this would have been a distant dream. My dad especially has been working really hard since August last year to make this happen. With an Indian Grand Prix scheduled for 2011, F1 is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in India and this is a proud moment not only for me but for my country as well.”

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...