Sunday, July 26, 2009

Golf News
At the US$400K Indonesia President Invitational, Jakarta - Final Standing
1 Gaganjeet Bhullar 69 68 62 67 -22 $63,400.00
T25 Rahil Gangjee 70 73 69 67 - 9 $ 3,552.00
T35 Amandeep Johl 70 70 70 70 - 8 $ 2,880.00
T47 Anirban Lahiri 71 67 76 69 - 5 $ 1,920.00

21 yrs old Gaganjeet Bhullar won his maiden Asian Tour title with two-stroke victory at the Indonesia President Invitational and showed he is really star in making ... His experience of playing on big stage like British Open definetely helped him here which he acknowledged after win ... Gaganjeet take lead from third round and played flawless 5 under to scored comfortable win ... How solidly he performed this week shows from he dropped only one bogey all week.

Gaganjeet Bhullar - (from Asiatour site)
"Well to be honest I got no words to describe how happy I'm. I've been waiting for this for the past two years and I played really well today and I had a very good finish with a good score today. Playing with the big boys has definitely helped with my confidence and the experience definitely helped me. I started playing well on the Asian Tour, haven't been playing well the last two years and I'm pretty happy. I started well with three top 10s and played the British Open. I was sitting in the clubhouse and I knew what happened to me two years back and Juvic played really well two years back and Adam also played really well but it is a relief now. My goal now is totally different. My goal a few months back was to win on the tour now it is totally different. Now I'm getting to all the co-sanctions and given me a lot of confidence in my coming years and definitely after this victory, many things are going to change in my life. And yes definitely I will be gunning to be the top Indian golfer now. My experience from last week playing with the big boys where Tiger, Ernie Else and Sergio Garcia has certainly helped me a lot. Mentally I'm ready and I played the course last time where I played well, so I had good memories in my mind so that was one key factor. Throughout the week I drove the ball really well. I think I missed about three to four fairways for the four rounds, and made one bogey in four days. I missed a few putts today but that's fine."

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...