Monday, April 17, 2006

Indian Golfing News -

Jeev Milkha Singh claimed an emotional victory at the US$1.8 million Volvo China Open on Sunday to end a seven-year title drought to win a European Tour event ... With this title he finished seven year-itch.

His last victory was in a way back 1999 ... Then he had trouble with wrist injury and after coming out of injury he couldn't managed to perform on same level ... In 1997 he became first Indian to grabbed European Tour card, but which he lost in 2002 ... And then he was struggling with his performance to produced best result ... he couldn't managed to produce 4 good rounds to win the title, but now that everything is changed .. :)

Jeev Milkha Singh - “This is fantastic, When I was injured, I didn't know if I was going to come back in the sport. When I came back I wasn't thinking the same way. I was struggling, I was putting pressure on myself and I was getting down. And after that, you don't think right. I started working hard and the wrist became better and things started looking better for me. I've just won and it's one of the best feelings.

“I just can't explain this. It's like a dream come true. I've always tried hard to win and today, I just went in there with reverse psychology thinking that if it doesn't happen, never mind. I just wanted to give it my best shot. And it worked out perfect for me. I'm really excited and happy the way it worked out.”

This victory moved Jeev to the top of the Asian Tour's UBS Order of Merit and 14th on European Tour earning.

Prize Money - $300,000
--------------------------------------------------

Another Indian golfer Arjun Atwal managed to perform better on PGA tour ... Last few weeks he was continuously missing cut ... At Verizon Heritage Open he managed to break this trend and played average golfing round to finished in top 20 ... He finished T17 with -5 ... Hopefully this week's performance help Arjun to make egar to perform better on PGA Tour.

Prize Money - $76,850
--------------------------------------------------

First time we r seeing 4 Indian players in top 200 ranking ... :)

World rankings as of Monday April 16, 2006 of select golfers:

112 Jyoti Randhawa
135 Arjun Atwal
145 Shiv Kapur
195 Jeev Milkha Singh
362 Gaurav Ghei
429 Amandeep Johl
605 Ashok Kumar
638 Arjun Singh
741 Rahil Gangjee
778 Digvijay Singh
834 Harmeet Kahlon
945 Mukesh Kumar

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...