Monday, August 17, 2015

Golf News

At $10M 97th PGA Championship, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, USA - Final Standing


T5 Anirban Lahiri (IND) 70 67 70 68 -13 $367,500

Anirban Lahiri created a history for Indian golf by finishing tied for fifth at the PGA Championship ... This is the first time an Indian golfer has finished in the top-five of one of golf's four Majors ... Before this Jeev Milkha Singh was achieved the tied ninth finish in the PGA Championships in 2008.

Anirban Lahiri produced one of good round with six birdies and two bogeys ... At one time he was tied for third position but on 10th hole he three-putted from around five feet ... He recovered from that bogey but again finished his round with bogey on 18th hole ... He shared fifth position with American golfer Brooks Koepka.


Anirban Lahiri - "This gives me a massive amount of confidence, knowing that I can be out here mixing it up with the best, knowing that I need to get just a little bit better to maybe get closer or over the line in the future. So it's been a huge week for me."
"It feels great. It's a bit of a relief, really. I've never really gotten into contention. I won't really say I was in contention here, because I was a long ways out. But I was in the mix. It's a great feeling."
"I've loved the golf course right from the first day and first look. But obviously a little disappointed with that finish. I think a couple of shots better would have got my card on the PGA TOUR. So a little disappointed about that."
"I think that I was playing -- I was really in a good zone. I was playing well, I was hitting it good. Then I think the 3-putt on 10 from five or six feet, I think that was like a kick in the stomach for me. It just knocked the wind out of me."
"I did really well to gather myself from a difficult position, I made birdie on 11. Kind of steadied the boat a little bit. But again, kind of disappointed to finish in the end. But I wasn't really looking at the leaderboard much because it was so bunched up, guys were going back and forth, so there was no point."
"I putted a lot better today. But it's obviously the scoring aspect that I feel is lacking a little bit. I think that's where I need to tighten it up, just around the greens and make a few more 10- and 12-footers. That should do the trick."

No comments:

Table Tennis News

At $70K ITTF Challenge Plus Oman Open 2020 , Muscat, Oman [R32] Harmeet Desai (IND,87) bt Jeremy Hazin (CAN,164) 4-0 (12-10, 11-8, 11-4,...